My 2019 Foodie year really has been one to remember with a visit to Ten Michelin Star restaurants and where it was also great to see a First Star awarded to my good friends Da Terra & The Artichoke. I thoroughly enjoyed my first Michelin Star meal outside England at the fantastic Ristorante Lido 84 in Lake Garda. It was absolutely fantastic to see that my great friends at Haywards Restaurant receiving a well deserved 3 AA Rosettes. I can honestly say that London & my county of Essex have done me proud with some amazing food. There has also been a fantastic array of stunning Desserts for me to devour.
So with all this I’ve created My Personal Food Awards and therefore I welcome you to the LLOYDIES
MY TOP MICHELIN STAR DINING EXPERIENCE
1. Core by Clare Smyth
2. Helene Darroze at the Connaught
3. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
4. Ristorante Lido 84
5. Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester
MY TOP ESSEX DINING EXPERIENCE
1. Haywards Restaurant in Epping
2. Tandoori Lounge in Hornchurch
3. Rubino Kitchen in Maldon
MY TOP LONDON RESTAURANT (Non Michelin Stars)
1. Caractere in Notting Hill
2. Kerridge’s Bar & Grill at Corinthia Hotel
3. The Frog Hoxton in Hackney
MY TOP OVERSEAS DINING EXPERIENCE
1. Basilikos Restaurant in Skiathos
2. PVP Restaurante Petiscos in Madeira
3. Taverna Polykratis in Skiathos
MY TOP GASTRO PUB
1. The Oxford Blue in Old Windsor
2. The Albion in Islington
3. The Black Horse in Brentwood
MY TOP SUNDAY ROASTS
1. Cote de Beouf at Haywards Restaurant in Epping
2. The All In at Blacklock Shoreditch
3. The Roast Beef at Pig & Whistle in Chelmsford
And so we end with my favourite subject DESSERTS and with so many to choose from I’ve split them into separate categories
MY TOP MICHELIN STAR DESSERT
1. The Core Teaser at Core by Clare Smyth
2. Torte di Rose at Ristorante Lido 84
3. Peanut Mousse , chocolate & banana sorbet at Murano
MY TOP ESSEX DESSERT
1. Chocolate , pear , hazelnut at Haywards Restaurant
2. Rhubarb & Yoghurt Parfait at Rubino Kitchen
3. Gajar Halwa Sundae at Tandoori Lounge
MY TOP GASTRO PUB DESSERT
1. Banoffee Souffle at The Oxford Blue
2. Sticky Toffee Pudding at The Albion Pub
3. Marmalade Bread & Butter Pudding at The Black Horse
MY TOP LONDON DESSERT
1. Peanut Butter & Caramelised White Chocolate ‘Paris-Brest’ at Kerridge’s Bar & Grill
2. Strawberry Pavlova at Cornerstone
3. Dessert Platter at Roka Mayfair
I would now like to finish by paying homage to one of my favourite places in my hometown of Hornchurch
The place Le Moulin Patisserie who in my eyes make the best cakes in Essex. You are always made to feel very welcome when you pop in for either a coffee , cake or a light lunch. It’s not hard to see why this place is very popular.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these awards and I’m looking forward to more amazing food in 2020
I always love seeing your foodie posts. You have definitely had a great foodie 2019, hope you have an even better one in 2020!
Also love the idea of ‘Lloydies’.
I already have three Michelin Star restaurants booked
The Five Fields
and of course Core
Wishing you a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year
Many Thanks for your support in 2019 xxxxx
Cant’t wait to see/ read.
Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
Thanks for all of tour support too!
Love the Lloydies! You’ve had some excellent dining experiences in 2019 I hope you can top them in 2020.
Thank You Rachael and for all your amazing support in 2019 xxxxx
All of those choices look amazing!! I’m glad you had such a great year trying all these great foods!!!
Thank You glad you like
Absolutely amazing. I didn’t know there were Lloydies but I certainly do now. I’m now a new reader. And hope to be at one of these restaurants in 2020. Happy Christmas!
Merry Xmas to you
Any problems with getting a reservation please let me know. I have great contacts
Merry Christmas Lloyd!!